Saturday, March 24, 2012

a petite paquet arrived

Yesterday it rained, and when I got home from art group there was a slightly soggy petit paquet in my letterbox. Thankfully what was inside had survived it's journey all the way from Toronto to Mahana!
 Yes it was a small packet from Arounna of bookhou at home fame! And what was inside.....
 Yes it was one of her gorgeous zippered pouches made from the drop cloths from her fabric printing. I had seen that she was going to list some of these little beauties in her shop, at a certain time - which ended up being midday my time. This was actually my second choice, as the first one I tried to buy had already sold!
 And this is what I am using it for - to hold my scissors and thread, some felted woollen jumper scraps, which I am appliqueing parts of a London Underground tea towel onto to make my "End of the Line" brooches.
Which I have for sale in my Felt shop.  One of my aims this year is to start selling via Felt, which is a bit like a Kiwi version of Etsy. So I am ever so slowly listing things.  Think I need to get better at the old photography thing - but it was a weird light. Enough excuses I just need to retake the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment