Saturday, January 21, 2012

time is flying

It's almost been a month since my last post - a very naughty and slack blogger here! But it's summer and the kids are off school, and well I haven't actually done much. There have been lots of BBQs and catching up with friends and family, hubby had three whole weeks off work (amazing!) so we had a lot of chores to get done around the house and garden. I haven't taken all that many photos when I look back over the month. No more excuses I have to get back on the horse, and start the ball rolling. So without anymore metaphors here goes for my first post for 2012!
 We've had lots of spectacular sunsets. The sunrises are still great too, just think I'm getting a bit more blasé about them and not taking any photos!
 On New Year's Eve the sunset was gorgeous, turned the hills pink, which was the first time I'd seen that here. The twinkling lights of Nelson city are just visible.
 There have been lots of trips to the beach. My favourite time is in the evening when it is cooler and the light is softer.
It hasn't all been sunshine and sunsets, we have had a few rainy days too!

 The kids have been having lots of fun playing with Mumbai our pet goat.
 We even managed to get away for a night, it's hard when Mumbai is still being fed a bottle of milk a day! Popped down to the West Coast to my brother's farm. The kids had fun flying kites with their cousins.
It was another lovely evening, with the sun setting over the Tasman Sea!
I'm not into making New Year resolutions, but maybe I need to try and take more photos so I have something to blog about!

No comments:

Post a Comment