Friday, December 20, 2013

absent to present

 I have been absent  (see the bottom of the post for a brief explanation). Here's what I've been up to over the past few weeks.

Beach walks and enjoying our balmy summer evenings, although there should have been more walking.

Enjoying the company of our animals, especially Mumbai.

Mr Frizz (our rescued frizzle rooster) still hasn't regrown his feathers. But he's the loveliest, kindest rooster we could ask for, and he keeps the girls under control too.

The alpacas lost their winter coats.
Shiraz wondering what's about to happen to her.

Rounding Shiraz up again after her escape, while she's wondering what just happened to Chardonnay.
Telling her it's going to be alright, and will be over before she knows it!
I stopped to take photos of the wildflowers (from a packet!) that grow in a spot along the road from us.

I've not had much time in my studio since the Open Studios at the beginning of November  (which I still want to share in a separate post, along with my long overdue giveaway!)

After what seemed like non-stop sewing for six weeks in preparation for two craft markets (one of which I helped organise) it was nice to make something for myself. Although I do have to make sure how I display the cushion otherwise it can look quite rude!

Wishing you all the best for the season. A special thanks to my faithful followers who brighten my day with their much appreciated comments. Sorry I haven't been so good on the commenting lately.

Pohutakawa flowers - New Zealand's Christmas tree.
Footnote:  There's been a little grey dog called anxiety nipping at my heels. I've had to admit I'm not as tough as I thought I was. I've had to seek help - not something that comes easily. I'm trying to take things easy, which is not easy to do in this "silly season." We need to remember be kind to ourselves as well as others. xx


5 comments:

  1. The beach looks really nice right about now! I'd love to go for a beach walk. And I love Mr. Frizz! It's awesome that he is a nice boy. That photo of you comforting Shiraz is so sweet. And the wildflowers are really pretty! I hope you get to feeling better soon. Anxiety is not easy to deal with. Will keep you in my thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally,
    Sorry to hear you have been suffering with anxiety, hope the help you have is helping. Hope you can find more time to enjoy the sea and the sunsets. Thinking of you.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back :) Looks like lovely weather and such lovely things happening around you. well done you for getting help - we all have our little nipping dogs, but getting help make all the difference in the world to not only us but those around us. Good luck, have a happy Christmas and look after yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sally, I love your rude cushion! (I will refrain from commenting on it further, but you know I really, really want to, right?!)
    You know I'll always read your blog - no matter how few and far between your posts are - it's always lovely to read about what you've been up to (and look at your lovely snaps)
    Take care of yourself Sally, and hang-in-there. Oh, and happy Christmas too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you and yours Sally a magical Christmas time...Merry Merry Christmas!

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete