Friday, April 15, 2011

The Urban Cake Lady

A couple of weeks ago some very cool urban art appeared on the side of a footbridge which caused a bit of a scandal in Nelson, as the councillors of that fair city debated what to do with it. Thankfully they realised it was art and not graffiti and it was not removed. Now I have never lived in the fair city of Nelson, just in the glorious province, so I do not know every nook and cranny of the place. Thankfully a friend had found the piece by the artist known as the Urban Cake Lady, and she lead us to it the other day.  First I had to take a photo of the swan preening himself on a rock on the banks of the Maitai River. 




So when I take my brother and his family (who are staying with us for the weekend, yeah!) into the city after showing them my painting hanging at the Suter Art Gallery, we will go and check out Riverside Critters as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment