Thursday, August 22, 2013

after the rain

You get sunshine after rain, well eventually.

Last night was particularly stormy, I didn't sleep well, and woke late so missed the sunrise this morning.


As the mists were lifting I could tell we were going to get a lovely sunny day. Finally. The children complained they were down to their last pair of underwear. August has been very wet. After a mild and dry July it's been a bit of a shock.


At the beach the sea was still stormy. The roar of the receding waves as they grabbed the loose stones was almost deafening.



After collecting two bags of rubbish I went home and hung out another load of washing.


Sorry I couldn't resist including a sunrise. This was Monday's - before or between rain. I'm trying out a new blogging method, of less words and more frequent posts. Time will tell if it's any more successful than my previous method.



3 comments:

  1. i adore these pictures. this is your beach!!! isn't blog world funny like that we get to walk in others shoes all over the world! How i love it! so fab to be back here after my enforced computer malfunction shut down xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally,
    Your pictures are stunning especially the last one, it must have been wonderful to see. I can almost feel and hear those waves crashing on the beach.
    Thank you for your lovely comment.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these shots! Especially the ones of the crashing waves and that last one. That sunrise is spectacular! I like your idea of more frequent posts :)

    ReplyDelete