Thursday, June 20, 2013

luxury

I've just had what I consider to be two and a half days of luxury - I went on a painting workshop! Thankfully the hubby wasn't away for work, so was able to pick up the kids afters school on Monday. At first I was quite apprehensive, as being the introvert I am, I was unsure of what to expect and who I'd meet. I did know one other artist, which helped. But what really helped me was painting. And having the time and space to focus on painting.

The setting was amazing, in a 1905 building (which is pretty old by NZ standards) built over the sea overlooking the Boulder Bank. I think I'll just let the photos do the talking.......




The workshop was taken by Richard Adams, an abstract painter from Auckland. I picked up some techniques for working on paper with texture, and colour. I haven't taken any photos of the end-product, as they're really only experimentations. Not only was it a great location and venue, the organisers were also great cooks! Ah luxury!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time! I'm happy for you that you were able to get away for a while and do what you love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat :) A beautiful inspiring vista. I hope we get to see what you painted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed your painting workshop, the location and the light and stillness of the water looks wonderful.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like perfect inspiration to me. Glad you had a good time. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. the setting is amazing, but the most amazing thing is a mother (and an introvert! :)) making something they love happen! what did you learn?

    ReplyDelete