Thursday, February 9, 2012

hanging out


 

When I went to hang out the washing early this morning, the sunlight was just coming up over the hill, casting a golden glow. So I put my camera on macro and took some pics. Miss L asked me why I was doing it, good question..... because I saw the beauty and wanted to capture it. The leaf was caught in a spiders web, so that made it easy to catch! Also having everything on a rotary line meant I could move things to get the right angle.

It's also time to share my first painting for 2012. I'm working on a different style (again!) I love the combination of a loose background with the more graphic white ink. I've already decided I don't like the way the ink looks, so am painting my next painting with pearl white mixed with a glazing medium which is giving a softer look. I'm not 100% happy, as I did no planning I can see lots of things I'd change, so its a starting point.
Actually looking at here on the screen, it doesn't show much detail in the three trees, so maybe that's a sign I need to rework this area?

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm no expert at art - but it was the thumbnail image that bought me here from Creative Spaces. I think your painting is beautiful - it reminds me of a dream.

    ReplyDelete